I have been thoroughly outspoken on my adoration of the NARS Velvet Matte Lip pencils. They are possibly MY FAVOURITE lip colours in the entire world and on reflection of this I have a pretty hefty colour range in my stash. I have been using them for 10 years + and I use them both on my myself and in my professional kit. I think if you are a regular reader of my blog or follow me anywhere on social you would have seen me mentioning these A LOT.
They are a huge hit with makeup artists and for good reason : the colour range is SO GOOD with all the nudes, browns, reds, brights and then more recently some slightly more unusual colours such as purple and blue. < I hope they extend these slightly more adventurous colours this year.
Why do I love ’em? So many reasons:
- I like the easy jumbo pencil application – easy and quick.
- They double up as lipliner & lipstick/colour.
- I LOVE the colour range. They do 33 shades : something for everyone of you bad bitches.
- They are a reasonable price. I get around 1 years’ use out of a pencil and that’s if I am using it very regularly.
- They have a great texture. The original matte lippie formula in my eyes. They are matte in finish there fore they stay on brilliantly.
- You can custom blend your own colours by layering them. I often use Damned as a liner and blend it into Dragon girl who a cool, ombre lip.
- Francois NARS is a makeup don and I love him.
So that just about sums it up. Now……swatches. Here all on the shades that I own in my current stash. They do 33 shades in total and I have 18. Some of the shades I have ARE limited edition so may not still be available but all the classics are here. Favourites of mine personally include Dragon girl, Cruella, Train Bleu & Damned. Best-selling shades for the brand include Dolce Vita, Cruella & Sex Machine.
Yes. That did take me absolutely ages, and now for some lip swatches. Some of them photograph a little bit different, particularly the reds, so I would always recommend trying to get into a store to have a swatch and try on, plus they obviously do way more shades.