We all yearn after that perfect no-lip lip colour, that gives the appearance of just a lovely flush of natural lip colour that can be worn on a day-to-day basis or to balance out a heavy makeup look. However, finding a nude can actually be harder than finding the right red, as you really have to get the right tone to suit your skin colour ; one that doesn’t erase your lips into obscurity, one that isn’t too brown, too pink, too coral…and there are HUNDREDS of tones of nude.
It can seem over-whelming to get your perfectly polished pout right, but it’s simply a case of trying them out and seeing what works on you. What looks good in the bullet or on the back of your hand, will look totally different on your actual lips. A lot of people also assume because it looks good on Kylie Jenner, then it will of course look good on them. Let’s get real ; we haven’t all got the same lip shape, genes and amount of Restylane that she has.
Nude lips are good for those who simply want a polished makeup look or as I often do, to balance out a heavier eye. Here are my top picks of nude lippes, from glossy to matte and deeper tones to paler. There should be something in this little arsenal for you.
1. Barry M Loudmouth ‘Tell Tale‘. A proper pale 60’s nude pink. A great shade if you want to make your lips look paler as opposed to boost and enhance your natural tone.
2. By Terry Rouge Terrybly ‘#100 Terrybly Nude‘. One of Terry’s signature shades. A luxurious, rich and velvety-feeling lip colour that is a real dusky blue-plum nude. This is one to try as on some people it can go quite brown and look a bit 90’s…but you may like that.
3. NARS ‘Turkish Delight‘. This was a Kim Kardashian favourite back in the day ; and one of my favourite ever NARS lipglosses ; a super pale pastel pink to give a really muted paired-back lip.
4. L’Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire ‘Nude Ballet‘. The best high street sheer nude. This is a hydrid of a balm, gloss and lip colour and applies beautifully. The colour is that perfect balance of brown and pink.
5. By Terry Gloss Terrybly Shine ‘Floral Paradise‘. A really pretty coral pink gloss that is absolutely NOT sticky and leaves the lips plump and gorgeous.
6. Kevyn Aucoin The Matte Lip Colour ‘Enduring‘. Longwear matte formulas that leave the lips velvety and smooth. This shade gives you the perfect Kylie Jenner pout ; A slightly blue pink tone.
7. Bareminerals Marvelous Moxie ‘Trail Blazer‘. A super sheer golden-toned nude
8. Too Faced ‘Melted Nude‘. The darkest of my nude selectiona and this is a longwear liquid lipstick formula. It is has a very brown base, so it doesn’t work well on me, but I use this a lor on clients with a warmer skintone.
9. Pur Minerals Chateau De Vine Mineral Lipstick ‘Smooth Talker‘. One of my personal favourite nude lipsticks as it sits on that slightly pinker nude side which is what works for me.
Have you found your perfect nude lip colour yet? Please share!