This weeks’ Makeup crush is all about the brows and a new product from Illamasqua. The Precision brow gel* is a coloured cream/gel formula that is water-resistant and perfect for creating a natural and defined brow. I haven’t used the Anastasia dipbrow but perhaps this is similar?
It comes in 4 tones from blonde, red to black & brunette : I am wearing shade ‘Strike’ which is a for brunettes. It’s a good medium-deep brown tone with minimal red so I think it’s a great match for me. Illamasqua recommend applying it with either the angled brush or the fine liner brush for control and precision. I have used both and I think I prefer the angled brush the apply this gel with, I just find I can get a finer line with it, although some people find a pointed liner easier. If you haven’t read it yet and love everything BROWS then check out my in-depth post about application and getting the perfect brow with makeup.
– See where your natural brow would actually be (if you over-pluck, grow out your brows for a few months – will be hard, but the results will be a much better brow!) Work with your natural shape.
– When drawing brow hairs, go in the same direction as your natural brow growth.
– Start the application from the inner corner – brow arch – end of brow
– Don’t fill them in with a block of colour, leave some hairs visible , and graduate the filling: they should look like that have texture as opposed to photoshopped on!
– Finish with a sweep of brow gel to keep the hairs in control all day – alternatively, apply hairspray onto a spoolie and sweep through = ultimate brow hold!